Senior Accreditation Scheme for Individual Practitioners
BACP senior accreditation provides recognition of a practitioner's experience, accomplishment and development within their specialist area.
We currently have five Senior Accreditation schemes:
- Practitioner - Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Practitioner - Counsellor/Psychotherapist for Children and Young People
- Practitioner - Counsellor/Psychotherapist for Healthcare
- Supervisor - of Individuals
- Supervisor - of Groups
The application process is similar for all schemes and follows the same format as our Accreditation scheme.
Who can apply?
To apply for a BACP senior accreditation scheme, you must:
- Be a current Registered Accredited Member of BACP, and have been accredited for at least three years
- Have been in practice for at least three years and completed a minimum number of supervised practice hours since your initial accreditation
- Have a minimum number of hours of CPD relevant to your specialism since your initial accreditation
- Have an ongoing supervision arrangement in place (Practitioner schemes) or have access to consultative support (Supervisor schemes)
- Be covered by professional indemnity insurance
The required number of practice and CPD hours varies, so please check the specific criteria for each scheme in the application packs below.
How much does it cost?
- Standard application submission fee: £115
- Reduced-rate application submission fee: £57.50
- Resubmission assessment fee: £115 (This fee will be removed from 1 January 2018)
BACP members who pay the reduced membership fee are entitled to a reduced rate on their accreditation application. This only applies to your initial application.
How do I apply?
You will need to complete an in-depth application providing evidence of your practice, supervision and CPD. This includes a reflective practice section, asking you to write about your understanding of what you do, using examples from your practice.
You can apply for as many senior accreditation specialisms as you wish, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for that specific scheme. Each application will be assessed separately.
You can download the guidance notes and application packs below:
Senior Accreditation scheme guide (0.28Mb)
What happens next?
The assessment process and outcomes are the same as for our Accreditation Scheme. For more information please see:
- Accreditation assessment process and outcomes
- Accreditation appeals process
- Making a resubmission
- Renewing your accreditation
- Reinstating your accreditation
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Our accreditation office team can only answer general questions about the assessment process and your eligibility. We are not assessors and cannot help you with queries about the content of your application.