31. We will usually provide clients with the information they ought to know in advance in order to make an informed decision about the services they want to receive and how these services will be delivered.
32. We will give careful consideration to how we reach agreement with clients and contract with them about the terms on which our services will be provided. Attention will be given to:
33. We will establish and maintain appropriate professional and personal boundaries in our relationships with clients by ensuring that:
34. We will not have sexual relationships with or behave sexually towards our clients, supervisees or trainees.
35. We will avoid having sexual relationships with or behaving sexually towards people whom we know to be close to our clients in order to avoid undermining our clients’ trust in us.
36. We will not exploit or abuse our clients in any way: financially, emotionally, physically, sexually or spiritually.
37. We recognise that conflicts of interest and issues of power or dependence may continue after our working relationship with a client, supervisee or trainee has formally ended. We will exercise caution before entering into personal or business relationships with former clients and expect to be professionally accountable if the relationship becomes detrimental to the former client or the standing of the profession.
38. We will periodically review each client’s progress and, when practicable, seek our client’s views on how we are working together.