Subscribe to the Media Centre Department RSS Feed
Information for Members
Whether your organisation is planning a press release to promote a new campaign, or you are an individual member who has been approached for comment on a topical issue by a local newspaper, the BACP Press Office is here to help you make the most of your media opportunity.
Ways we can help
- Advice on working within the Ethical Framework during media interactions ensuring good practice and respecting confidentiality.
- Assistance in putting together a press release, using appropriate language, incorporating key messages, proof-reading, timing of publication, etc.
- Maximising the reach of your message through our contacts with key individuals within media organisations.
- Co-ordinating subsequent media enquiries, press briefings and photo opportunities.
- Providing ‘key messages', relevant research and statistics.
- Advice on how to conduct interviews (see also our Interview Guidelines document below).
Whatever your media query, call Ruth Clowes, Media and Communications Officer, on 01455 883 342, or email email@example.com. Keep these contact details handy and feel free to pass them on to any members of the press if you receive an enquiry that you do not feel comfortable responding to yourself.
Useful documents, links and resources
Pick up some practical advice on working with the media from our Interview Guidelines