Welsh Government are asking for your comments on:
Together for Mental Health
A Welsh Government Strategy for Mental Health and Wellbeing in Wales
Consultation period: 8th May 2012 – 31st July 2012
'Together for Mental Health' is Welsh Governments new mental health strategy for Wales, covering people of all ages. It aims to address the needs of people with mental health problems or a mental illness, whilst also improving mental wellbeing.
The strategy is intended to improve outcomes for service users, carers and their families. Welsh Government encourages the 'recovery and reablement' approach, which aims to help people live independently and achieve their full potential.
The strategy builds upon current policy and incorporates the legal requirements of the 'Mental Health (Wales) Measure', as follows:
- Chapter 1 states Welsh Governments intent to promote mental wellbeing and, where possible, prevent mental health problems developing.
- Chapter 2 sets out how a new partnership with the public will be established, encouraging an understanding of mental health and mental illness, seeking to eradicate the stigma which can be associated with mental health.
- Chapter 3 emphasises the value of a well designed, fully integrated network of care.
- Chapter 4 highlights the areas of life which can have an affect on our mental health and wellbeing.
- Chapter 5 provides an overview of how we can make the vision a reality
If you would like to be involved in the consultation events specifically aimed at practitioners, service users and carers please click on the attached 'consultation events document' for details of all event dates / venues and how to book a place.
For further details about 'Together for Mental Health' please click on the highlighted text.