An Exploration into Psychotherapists' and Counsellors' Experience of Social Media
- Do you use social media?
- Would you be interested in describing your lived experience of social media?
- This research hopes to draw attention to the ways in which practitioners' experiences of social media may frame, inform, obstruct or have relevance to clinical work.
- You use one or more social media platforms (e.g. as a news source or to connect with others or to post/share content).
- You identify as being BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Colour) and/or are someone of Black, African, Asian, Caribbean and/or mixed heritage, as this is an under-represented group in research.
- You have BACP or UKCP registration.
Examples of social media platforms:
Reddit, Twitter/X, YouTube, WeChat, Facebook/Meta, Slack, Telegram, Signal, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, WhatsApp, LinkedIn.
- 60-90 minute online interview with me.
This research forms part of my dissertation for a MA in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy and is approved by The Minster Centre Ethics Committee.
Ammar Terence Al-Ghabban