As part of a MA in Clinical Counselling research project, I am looking for research participants who grew up as a child of a parent with a mental illness and feels they experienced post-traumatic growth. Growth could include things such as a greater appreciation of life, a greater appreciation and strengthening of close relationships, increased compassion and altruism, greater awareness of personal strengths, enhanced spiritual development and creative growth.
- Are you 25+ years old?
- Are you a qualified counsellor or a trainee counsellor on a diploma level course (level 4) or above?
- Are you fluent in English?
- Did you spend your childhood in the UK?
- During childhood, did you live with at least one parent who had an enduring mental illness (i.e. the parent had a long-term mental illness throughout your childhood or repeated episodes of mental illness between the ages of 5-18)?
- Have you experienced post-traumatic growth due to parental mental illness?
If you answered yes to the questions above and would like to participate in this study, please express your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive a Participant Information Sheet with further details of the study and be asked to participate in a recorded interview via Zoom, lasting approximately one hour. This will be a semi-structured interview where you will be asked to share and reflect upon your experiences.
Ethical approval for this research has been granted by the Department of Social and Political Science Ethics Committee and the University of Chester.
Please contact me by email if you would like any more information or if you are interested in participating in this study: email@example.com