In search of person-centred counsellors that have experience working with sexual violence trauma.
I am a current student doing a MA Clinical Counselling at the University of Chester. I am doing research to explore the function of the person-centred modality within sexual violence trauma work through the perception of person-centred counsellors that have experience working with clients who have experienced such trauma.
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Do you have at least a L4 Counselling qualification?
- Are you in current practice?
- Do you work using the person-centred modality?
- Do you have 2 or more years experience working with sexual violence trauma clients?
- Are you a member of a professional body (BACP, UKCP or similar) and adhere to their ethical framework?
- Are you receiving regular supervision?
- Do you feel sufficiently grounded in exploring the issues of sexual violence trauma?
- Are you a sufficiently fluent or native English speaker and reader?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all those criteria, I would like to talk to you about your experience of working with, and making sense of, sexual violence trauma work within the person-centred modality. The research will be conducted through semi-structured interviews of 60 to 90 minutes which will be audio recorded, online using Zoom.
If you are interested in taking part in this research or would like more information, please contact me through email.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Ethical approval for this research has been granted by the Department of Social and Political Science Ethics Committee and the University of Chester.
Advert valid until July 2022.