I am looking for bisexual men to take part in a study exploring their experiences in relationships with people who do not identify as bisexual.
For many years, bisexuals were either excluded from research or subsumed into the larger group of sexual minorities, obscuring their specific experiences and needs. I hope this research will help to increase awareness, among counsellors and psychotherapists, of the lives of this frequently overlooked group.
If you have an hour to spare and meet the following, I’d be grateful to hear from you. You can help if:
- you identify as bisexual and are over 21;
- your partner does not identify as bisexual;
- you have been in your current relationship for at least 3 years;
- your partner has known that you are bisexual for at least 3 years;
- you feel able to talk about your sexuality and relationship;
- you are fluent in spoken English; and
- you live in England or Wales.
To volunteer, or for more information, please email Michael Neath, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This research forms part of my MA in counselling at the University of Chester.