I am a 3rd year trainee person-centred counsellor studying for an MA Clinical Counselling at the University of Chester. I am completing my dissertation on the impact of counselling following the experience of having an emotionally unavailable parent in childhood.
I’m particularly interested in looking at personal growth and attachment from receiving Person-Centred counselling and how this has impacted on life going forward.
If you’re interested in taking part in my qualitative research and you meet the following criteria, please get in contact:
- Are a man or woman (over age 18)
- Have had person-centred counselling for own childhood experience of emotionally unavailable parenting
- Have completed training or training to be a person-centred counsellor
- Are able to discuss these issues without experiencing significant distress
- Are sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English
- And reside in England or Wales
- Not be previously known to me.
A semi-structured interview via Zoom lasting between 60-90 minutes from a confidential space/time of your choosing. The interview questions will be sent to you in advance to allow time to reflect before our meeting. Your time and valued contribution will further add to our understanding of this topic.
If you would like to know more, please contact me on my University email address: firstname.lastname@example.org