From terrorist attacks in our cities, the fire at Grenfell Tower, or a suicide at work; critical incidents happen to us and around us. We know that being prepared helps our capacity to respond. But as a therapist, how prepared are you for the crucial role that you could play in responding to a critical incident? This BACP event will develop your understanding of how therapists work with critical incidents, before, during and after an event.
The event will aim to cover the following areas:
- explain what a critical incident is and how you can plan and prepare for the event.
- explore how organisations and employers prepare for a critical incident and how trauma affects an organisation during and after an event.
- develop your knowledge and competencies to be able to assist clients, organisations and therapists before, during and after a critical incident.
- consider what employee assistance providers (EAPs) are looking for from their therapists who respond to critical incidents.
- how to manage the impact of social media when a critical incident occurs.
- learn self-care skills for yourself and others to aid recovery and sustain resilience.
- to understand how critical incidents will impact on clients, organisations and ourselves.
The Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel
5-21 Grosvenor Street
**Please note, all prices displayed on the website are exclusive of VAT**