This workshop will explore the impact of working creatively and the effects this might have on the therapeutic alliance. Video demonstrations will enable you to observe first-hand how to work with symbols, fairy tales and pictures in counselling.
Your booking includes:
- 3 hours of CPD presentations including 3 modules presented by Pauline Andrew with guidance given as to which clients are suitable for this kind of intervention, and some contra-indications. Casework examples, plus contractual and ethical considerations, and practical skills work on how to introduce and facilitate creative interventions and how this moves the therapy forward
- opportunities for networking with other members using live chat
- dedicated live Q&A sessions after each module where you have the chance to ask any questions from each module
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on the modules and Q&A sessions. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day for 30 days
- a CPD certificate download
- selected presentation slides
About the presenter
Pauline Andrew is Director of Deep Release and Managing Director of Barnabas Counselling Training. She trains both counsellors and supervisors up to Diploma level. She has a BA (Hons) in Modern Languages, a Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a Diploma in Supervision. Her lively, interactive, vividly illustrated and often humorous training style has proved popular around the UK and in Europe on a wide range of topics relating to counselling. Pauline also teaches the Barnabas Diploma in Supervision and the L5 Certificate course in Integrating Creative Interventions in Counselling. She has a counselling and supervision practice in Essex.
Who is this event for?
This workshop is suitable for any counselling approach or model which is comfortable with integrating creative interventions. It is particularly relevant for those working with clients with blocked emotions or who have difficulty in finding words to express their thoughts or feelings.
The main aims of the PDD
View the Programme for Integrating artwork into your counselling practice (105kb, PDF) to find out what sessions are included.
The main aims of the PDD are to:
- show how art work can be integrated into your counselling practice
- learn how to facilitate creative interventions which can release unconscious processes within the client
- watch video demonstrations and then experience the interventions themselves
- explore the impact on the therapeutic alliance
By the end of the PDD, you will be able to:
- facilitate several different creative interventions using artwork
- understand the impact this can have on the therapeutic alliance
- understand how to move both into the intervention and what to do afterwards
- be aware of potential pitfalls and to assess the suitability of clients for this kind of intervention
Dates and location
Join us online on Friday 1 December 2023 from 9.30am until 1pm.
Also included in your booking, catch up on the recordings from the event for four weeks until 11.30pm, Friday 29 December 2023.
Log in to book your place online. After booking, you'll receive information via email on how to join the live event the day before.