How to view the webcast
If you've already booked, log in to the website and scroll to the bottom of this page to view the webcast content.
If you're not logged in, the content won't appear.
As therapists, there is rarely a ‘one size fits all’ approach, whether that is theoretical style or how we communicate with each other. This online event will explore how we communicate when conventional methods aren't appropriate.
Your booking includes:
- 6 hours of CPD presentations including 2 keynote presentations from William Pullen discussing movement and feeling in the context of Dynamic Running Therapy, and Keon West who will provide an opportunity to explore our own ethnic bias and the communication pitfalls we can encounter as a result, as well as 6 workshop presentations across 2 live strands
- dedicated live Q&A sessions after each presentation where our webcast hosts will discuss key themes with presenters
- the opportunity to watch both keynote presentations and choose 3 workshops to watch live on Saturday 26 September - there's no need to choose your workshops at the point of booking as you'll be able to decide on the day
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on all the workshops and Q&A sessions. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day until Monday 4 January 2021.
- a CPD certificate download
- selected presentation slides
Programme and learning outcomes
This event will help you to:
- gain an understanding of the inspiration behind Dynamic Running Therapy
- learn about the effects on movement on the emotional self
- learn how ethnic biases alter our perceptions of Black people
- explore how gender-biases alter our perceptions of women
- learn strategies for communicating with ‘over-interested’ third parties when working with young adult clients
- learn how to use contracting as a more effective form of communication with clients
- explore communicating effectively across languages
- consider the power dynamics, insider/outsider status and the sense of inadequacy when working as a therapist/counsellor with an interpreter
- explore your own deaf awareness
- explore how to work with and provide acceptance to an autistic person
- understand more about the world and lived experience of an autistic person
- explore how a creative and pluralistic approach to therapeutic communication can be incredibly surprising and powerful
Additional learning outcomes are outlined in the programme download.
The on-demand service will run until 11.30pm Monday 11 January 2021.
- £25 (including VAT) for BACP members
- £50 (including VAT) for non-members
What our members say
"A very versatile, convenient and reasonably-priced way of engaging in high quality CPD, without compromising the excellent standard of the speakers" Jenny, MBACP Accred
"You access learning from people of excellence in their fields on the cutting edge of developments in therapeutic work" Ann, MBACP Accred
"Very easy to navigate. I found it just as good as attending in person on the day. Very enjoyable." Eileen, MBACP
"If time away from work or home, or if expense is an issue, or you cannot travel to the live venue, the online webinar is the next best thing. Worth their weight in gold! Accessible after the event too as and when you please. Excellent!" Elaine, MBACP
"They are highly relevant to topical issues and current practice. They are also good value for money and offer the flexibility to undertake CPD when it is convenient for us." Elizabeth, MBACP
"The content is high quality, it's really easy to access. You can watch when you have time or at a point in time you need or want to (i.e maybe a client issue arises so it can be really timely and match your needs) And above all its great value." Lorna, MBACP Accred