This year's Private Practice Conference is all about anxiety - both in terms of how we as therapists deal with anxiety and anxiety disorders experienced by our clients, and also how we as a profession are responding to a climate of anxiety that has become a fixture of our lives: the pandemic, the turmoil and tragedy of war, and the threat of economic recession.
Anxiety is one of the most commonly used search-terms by people seeking therapy. And as therapists, it can be hard to keep pace with the growing range of therapeutic interventions and approaches available. This year's conference programme aims to bring together specialists in a wide range of anxiety treatments with topics that will include attachment theory, existentialism, neurobiology, complex PTSD, the race complex, intergenerational trauma, obsessional disorders, the effects of social media - and more.
Your on-demand booking includes
The Private Practice Conference presents an opportunity for members to come together for this highlight in the BACP annual calendar.
The aims of the conference are to:
- gain knowledge of therapeutic approaches and interventions to treat anxiety that may be new to them
- to understand more about the impact of an uncertain environment on both the presenting issues of clients, and on the responses of therapists themselves
- explore ideas of how to think about the presenting issues and work with them in the therapy space
Included in your booking:
- approximately 5 hours of CPD presentations
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on the event recordings. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day until Thursday 28 December 2023.
- a CPD certificate download
- selected presentation slides
View the Private Practice conference 2023 programme.
Catch up on the recordings from the event from Thursday 28 September 2023 to Thursday 28 December 2023.
How to access the on-demand service
After booking, you'll find the on-demand service on our on-demand services page.
The on-demand service includes human transcribed subtitles to ensure accuracy, which can be toggled on or off within the video player.
Event headline sponsor