Looking for inspirational CPD to improve your practice? Whichever sector you’re from, the research conference webcast will give you new ideas and a renewed enthusiasm for the great work you do.
You don’t need to be a researcher to benefit from all the great content. You'll discover research on a range of client groups and presenting problems, explore issues relating to the therapeutic relationship and learn about the impact of the digital age.
How to view the webcast
If you've already booked, log in to the website and scroll to the bottom of this page to view the webcast content until Tuesday 6 August 2019.
If you're not logged in, or if the on-demand service hasn't started yet, the content won't appear.
The webcast will include a selection of presentations on a variety of themes, including both conference keynotes. View the Research webcast 2019 programme.
You’ll be able talk to other members using the online chat room, submit questions to the presenters, download selected presentation slides and a CPD certificate.
Discover the latest research on a wide range of themes including trauma, children and young people, families, working with male survivors of domestic abuse, training, universities and colleges, counselling in the workplace, culture and more.
The webcast will help you to:
- consider how a client chooses a counsellor working in private practice, including which factors that influence their selection and the extent to which they were aware of the regulatory status of the profession
- understand what is helpful or unhelpful when accessing counselling after experiencing domestic violence from a client perspective and investigate the experiences of male survivors when accessing counselling services.
- examine how positioning individuals to take responsibility for their own psychological wellbeing plays out in the context of the work place.
- explore the perception of counselling among the non-clinical adult population of the Chinese community, and their barriers to counselling services.
- learn about how managing trust and its ruptures is key for service delivery, training and supervision, if we are to provide safe, effective, and responsive mental health services for complex trauma and beyond
Watch the on-demand service
You can catch up from Wednesday 29 May until Monday 5 August 2019. You can view the content an unlimited number of times any time of the day during the on-demand service.
- £25 (including VAT) for BACP members
- £50 (including VAT) for non-members
Price includes access to both days and the on-demand service as standard.
What our members say
"A very versatile, convenient and reasonably-priced way of engaging in high quality CPD, without compromising the excellent standard of the speakers" Jenny, MBACP Accred
"Webcasts are an effective way to access valuable knowledge, the experiences of others and to stay more in touch with the BACP." Simon, MBACP
"Very easy to navigate. I found it just as good as attending in person on the day. Very enjoyable." Eileen, MBACP
"If time away from work or home, or if expense is an issue, or you cannot travel to the live venue, the online webinar is the next best thing. Worth their weight in gold! Accessible after the event too as and when you please. Excellent!" Elaine, MBACP
"They are highly relevant to topical issues and current practice. They are also good value for money and offer the flexibility to undertake CPD when it is convenient for us." Elizabeth, MBACP
Want to attend in person?
Find out about our conference in Belfast.