Our 2021 Research Conference will take place online on Saturday 15 May 2021 and will be co-hosted by The University of Salford. This year we’re focusing on collaboration in research, policy and practice.
Along with presentations on research collaborations and partnerships, you’ll hear about up to date research on the impact of COVID-19 in the counselling professions, remote working, school-based counselling, resilience and student mental health, among a wide range of topics.
You’ll hear from two keynote presenters - Michael Barkham will discuss ‘The results of the PRaCTICED trial and implications for person-centred experiential therapy’, and Mick Cooper presents 'The results of the ETHOS trial for young people and implications for person-centred therapy.’
After their keynote sessions, Michael and Mick will come together in a live discussion session. This will focus on the future of person-centred therapy and its place in the therapeutic landscape.
Your booking includes access to:
- a pre-conference workshop on Friday 14 May 2021
- 22 presentations across 3 live strands on Saturday 15 May 2021
- dedicated live Q&A sessions where our online event hosts, Faisal Mahmood and Alistair Ross will discuss key themes with presenters
- the opportunity to choose from a wide range of presentations, or two workshops to attend live
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on all the live event presentations and Q&A sessions (workshops will not be recorded), plus 40+ additional research presentations. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day for the duration of the service.
- a CPD certificate and selected presentation slide downloads
- research forums on Friday 14 May to discuss a wide range of themes with your peers
- a conference poster exhibition to hear about emerging research
There's no need to choose which presentations you’d like to watch at the point of booking, as you'll be able to decide on the day. However, we’ll be asking you to sign up for the two live workshops on a first come first served basis to manage numbers for these sessions. You’ll receive more information about these workshop sessions and how to reserve your space in your joining instructions (sent one week before to the event).
If you are interested in joining the Research Forums on Friday 14 May please complete the booking form
The on-demand service will run from 5.00pm on Saturday 15 May until 11.30pm Tuesday 17 August 2021.
If you are a BACP Member:
- Login to your account
- add the conference to cart
- proceed to payment
If you are not a BACP member you will need to create an account.
This can be done by:
- clicking on the 'To book a place' pink box at the top of the web page,
- sign up and create an account
- add the conference to your cart
- proceed to payment
What our members say about our online events
"A very versatile, convenient and reasonably-priced way of engaging in high quality CPD, without compromising the excellent standard of the speakers" Jenny, MBACP Accred
"You access learning from people of excellence in their fields on the cutting edge of developments in therapeutic work" Ann, MBACP Accred
"Very easy to navigate. I found it just as good as attending in person on the day. Very enjoyable." Eileen, MBACP