Video demonstrations will enable delegates to observe first-hand how to work with symbols, fairy tales and pictures in counselling. We will explore the impact of working creatively and the effects this might have on the therapeutic alliance.
Guidance will be given as to which clients are suitable for this kind of intervention, and some contra-indications. Casework examples will be given, plus contractual and ethical considerations, and practical skills work on how to introduce and facilitate creative interventions and how this moves the therapy forward.
Pauline Andrew is Director of Deep Release and Managing Director of Barnabas Counselling Training. She trains both counsellors and supervisors up to Diploma level. She has a BA (Hons) in Modern Languages, a Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a Diploma in Supervision. Her lively, interactive, vividly illustrated and often humorous training style has proved popular around the UK and in Europe on a wide range of topics relating to counselling. Pauline also teaches the Barnabas Diploma in Supervision and the L5 Certificate course in Integrating Creative Interventions in Counselling. She has a counselling and supervision practice in Essex.
The main aims of the PDD is to
- show how art work can be integrated into your counselling practice.
- learn how to facilitate creative interventions which can release unconscious processes within the client.
- allow participants to watch video demonstrations and then experience the interventions themselves.
- explore the impact on the therapeutic alliance.
By the end of the PDD, you will be able to
- Facilitate several different creative interventions using artwork.
- Understand the impact this can have on the therapeutic alliance.
- Understand how to move both into the intervention and what to do afterwards.
- Be aware of potential pitfalls and to assess the suitability of clients for this kind of intervention.
This workshop is split into three 45 minute sessions and each will be followed by a live Q&A session with Pauline. The first session will begin at 9.30am and the event will finish 1.00pm with an extended Q&A session.
This PDD is relevant to
This workshop is suitable for any counselling approach or model which is comfortable with integrating creative interventions. It is particularly relevant for those working with clients with blocked emotions or who have difficulty in finding words to express their thoughts or feelings.
Please book your place online.
Your booking also gives you access to the on-demand service. If you can’t join live on the day, you'll be able to access it for four weeks afterwards.