This online workshop will aim to widen your knowledge of the practicalities of private practice and help you work effectively and more confidently to grow and develop a private practice in three areas;
- Building a solid foundation for your private practice
- Creating your own unique private practice offer
- Discovering how to get clients for your private practice
About the presenter
Martin Hogg MBACP has been a counsellor in Private Practice since 2005 working exclusively with young people and adults with anger management issues. A serial social entrepreneur he established Citizen Coaching in 2005 and Birmingham Counselling Services in 2011. Martin and his team of counsellors deliver over 15,500 counselling sessions a year from their base in Birmingham. Martin has been a committee member of the BACP Private Practice division for nine years and has delivered courses for the BACP including Anger Management- a therapist’s toolkit, Marketing (Grow My Practice), Business Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace.
The main aims of the PDD are to
- Increase confidence in working safely in private practice
- Identify the skills, legal and compliance issues in private practice
- Create a unique offer for your private practice
- Use practical examples to demonstrate how to operate a successful private practice
- Discover ways to find clients for your private practice
By the end of the PDD, participants will be able to
- Be aware of the legal, compliance and safety issues relating to private practice
- Discover the key elements of the 8 private practice positioning factors
- Identify the steps to take to create your unique offering
- Have a better understanding of how to get clients for your private practice
This workshop is split into three 45 minute sessions and each will be followed by a live Q&A session with Martin. The first session will begin at 9.30am and the event will finish 1.00pm with an extended Q&A session.
This PDD is relevant to
All counsellors and psychotherapists who are currently working, or interested in working, in Private practice. This course is about practical ways of setting up and growing a private practice, it isn’t about theory.
Please book your place online. If you book, you will receive information on how to join the live event a couple of days before. You will also receive access to this event on-demand for four weeks after the event, so anything you miss you can catch up on after the event.