This in person workshop will aim to widen your knowledge of anger management and help you work effectively and more confidently with clients who present with anger. Several different approaches are explored during the day.
Anger is often misunderstood and even dismissed as purely a symptom of something else that’s going on. This workshop will provide practical tools that therapists can use with adults and young people to help them better understand their anger and how they can manage it.
About the presenter
Martin Hogg MBACP has been a counsellor in Private Practice since 2005 working exclusively with young people and adults with anger management issues. A serial social entrepreneur he established Citizen Coaching in 2005 and Birmingham Counselling Services in 2011. Martin and his team of counsellors deliver over 7,500 counselling sessions a year from their base in Birmingham. Martin has been a committee member of the BACP Private Practice division for eight years and has delivered courses for the BACP including; Marketing (Grow My Practice), Business Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace.
The main aims of the PDD
- Increase confidence in working with clients who report anger problems
- Identify the underlying issues that clients have with anger
- Introduce a suite of tools to use with clients
- Use practical examples to demonstrate the use of anger management techniques
- Better understand our own relationship with anger
By the end of the PDD, participants will be able to
- Confidently work with clients who have anger management issues
- Increase knowledge of anger management counselling techniques that can help clients
- Use practical tools to assist clients
- Have a better understanding of our own relationship with anger
This Professional Development Day will take place in London, venue tbc.
This workshop is split into three 45 minute sessions and each will be followed by a live Q&A session with Martin. The first session will begin at 9.30am and the event will finish 16.30pm with an extended Q&A session.
This PDD is relevant to
All counsellors and psychotherapists who are currently working, or interested in working, with clients who present with anger. This course is about practical ways of working with clients and their anger, it isn’t about theory.
Please book your place online. If you book, you will receive information on how to join the live event a couple of days before.
The event will take place at:
Park Plaza London Park Royal
628 Western Avenue