This workshop will aim to widen your knowledge of anger management and help you work effectively and more confidently with clients who present with anger. Several different approaches are explored during the day.
Anger is often misunderstood and even dismissed as purely a symptom of something else that’s going on. This workshop will provide practical tools that therapists can use with adults and young people to help them better understand their anger and how they can manage it.
Throughout the day there are video case studies and practical examples that build into a toolkit that delegates can take away at the end of the day and put to use with clients.
About the presenter
Martin Hogg MBACP has been a counsellor in Private Practice since 2005 working exclusively with young people and adults with anger management issues. A serial social entrepreneur he established Citizen Coaching in 2005 and Birmingham Counselling Services in 2011. Martin and his team of counsellors deliver over 7,500 counselling sessions a year from their base in Birmingham. Martin has been a committee member of the BACP Private Practice division for eight years and has delivered courses for the BACP including; Marketing (Grow My Practice), Business Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace.
The main aims of the PDD
- Increase confidence in working with clients who report anger problems
- Identify the underlying issues that clients have with anger
- Introduce a suite of tools to use with clients
- Use case studies to demonstrate the use of anger management techniques
- Better understand our own relationship with anger
By the end of the PDD, participants will be able to
- Confidently work with clients who have anger management issues
- Increase knowledge of anger management counselling techniques that can help clients
- Use practical tools to assist clients
- Have a better understanding of our own relationship with anger
This PDD is relevant to
All counsellors and psychotherapists who are currently working, or interested in working, with clients who present with anger.
BookingPlease book your place online.
VenueMercure Southampton Dolphin Hotel
34-35 High Street
Registration will be 9.30am with the workshop starting promptly at 10am. Two refreshment break and a light lunch will be provided. The workshop will finish at 4.30pm.