Terms & Conditions
Bookings can be made by telephone, fax, email, post or via our website at www.bacp.co.uk/events
Booking by any of the above methods does not automatically constitute confirmation of a place. BACP will confirm all bookings in writing on receipt of a completed booking form and payment in full.
BACP cannot reserve places on events without payment in full or a copy of a purchase order from your organisation. Bookings without payment will be held on a provisional basis (excluding workshop choices) and places cannot be guaranteed. All bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have not received written confirmation from BACP within 7 days of making your booking, please contact the events team on email@example.com to check your booking has been received. BACP cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of booking forms.
All fees include VAT at the standard UK rate. Our VAT registration number is 443 8544 36
Payment can be made by credit or debit card (American Express is not accepted) or by cheque.
All fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. For fees of £95 and over, requests for invoices are accepted on receipt of an official purchase order from your organisation. Invoices must be paid no later than 4 weeks prior to the event or 28 days from invoice, whichever is the soonest. Purchase orders will not be accepted less than 14 days prior to an event. Any purchase orders received within 28 days of an event must be paid immediately. If invoices are not paid prior to the event BACP reserves the right to refuse admission to the event until the fee is paid in full.
BACP will accept late delegate bookings subject to availability and immediate payment in full. BACP will try to ensure that late delegate details are incorporated into the event literature, however this cannot be guaranteed if the booking is made less than 10 days before the event
Written cancellations received more than 3 weeks before the event will receive a full refund less £25 administration charge. Cancellations received after this time or failure to attend the conference without prior written notification will be subject to a 100 percent cancellation charge unless the cancelled place can be resold in which case a refund minus a £25 administration charge will be given. You will be advised if your place was successfully resold once the event has taken place.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer requests to another BACP event received more than 3 weeks before an event can be made without administration charges. Transfer requests received within three weeks of the original event will be treated as a new booking and will be subject to full payment unless the place can be resold, in which case the transfer request will be accommodated subject to a £25 administration charge. You will be advised if your place was successfully resold once the event has taken place.
In the case of transferring to an event of a higher value, the transfer will be subject to payment of any additional fees due. Where a transfer is made to an event of a lower value, the difference will be refunded (minus any administration fee due).
All transfers must be completed within 12 months of the original booking and only one transfer can be made without full payment again.
All transfer requests must be received in writing to email@example.com
BACP will accept substitute delegates without administration charges at any time subject to receipt of substitute delegate details and, where applicable, immediate payment of any additional fees due. Where the substitute delegate is entitled to a fee less than that originally paid, no refund will be given. BACP cannot guarantee the inclusion of substitute delegate details into the event administration process if the substitution is made with less than 10 days notice.
Special requirements and dietary needs
BACP is committed to meeting the needs of all delegates and will try to ensure any special requirements are fully met subject to reasonable prior notice. Please state your request at the time of booking and we will confirm in writing prior to your arrival.
We may use photographs taken at events in publicity and marketing materials, including use on our website. Your attendance at an event may mean that you are featured in such photographs and you are deemed not to object to the taking of such photographs as detailed above. If you do not wish to be included in any photograph, please notify the photographer at the relevant event prior to the photographs being taken.
We may record events for use in an online video library. This filming will primarily focus on the speakers and their presentations. However some shots of the audience may be included and therefore your attendance at an event may mean you are featured in the recordings and you are deemed not to object to this. If you do not wish to be included in the recording, please notify the cameraman at the relevant event prior to the commencement of the filming.
Data Protection Act
BACP processes all personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. By completing the booking form you are consenting to your data being stored and processed for the provision of services and administration associated with the event including your name, title and email address being included on the delegate list unless you have opted out on the booking form. The delegate list is also available to speakers and exhibitors at the event. We may periodically send you promotional emails about upcoming events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. You may opt out of this at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No details will be passed to third parties.
Limitation of liability
- In no event will BACP be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from attending events unless it is directly due to negligence on its part
- In no event will BACP be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from using the material or information gained at BACP events.
- The copyright of all training material rests with the trainer or speaker, and BACP may not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or any misuse of any material.
- BACP shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages of any nature whether direct or indirect including any loss of profits or any consequential damages suffered or incurred by the event attendees for whatever reason.
BACP reserves the right to amend or cancel any event or event times and dates. This includes changes to speakers, content and programme. In the unlikely occurrence of an event cancellation, BACP will return any payments received in advance. BACP will not, however, refund any costs incurred as a result of this cancellation or provide any additional sums by way of compensation.
Terms & Conditions regarding Certificate of Proficiency Assessments
- I confirm and agree to inform BACP if I am unable to attend an assessment giving at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the assessment. BACP reserves the right to charge a booking fee of £25 if I subsequently book to take the assessment again.
- I understand that the Certificate of Proficiency will be in exam conditions and that I am expected to behave accordingly. (Detailed information about our expectations of you as a candidate will be provided at the assessment event in our document ‘Attending the Certificate of Proficiency assessment’)
- I understand that the BACP staff, in their ultimate discretion, may terminate my assessment if my behaviour is deemed inappropriate and that, if this occurs, I will not be entitled to any compensation in relation to expenses incurred.
- I understand that three successive failures of the CoP assessment will result in the removal of my BACP membership for a period of no less than 6 months.
- Should my membership be removed due to three successive CoP failures, no refund will be given of previously paid membership fees.
- Should my membership be removed due to three successive CoP failures, I will be required to sit and pass the CoP before re-entry into membership at a fee of £75, payable on booking. I understand I will then need to re-apply for membership as a new applicant.
- Any re-entry to membership after a period of removal will be subject to article 12.3 of the Articles of Association.
- BACP reserves the right to amend (including but not limited to venues, dates and times) or cancel a Certificate of Proficiency date. In the unlikely occurrence of an event cancellation, BACP will not refund any costs incurred as a result of this cancellation or provide any additional sums by way of compensation.
- BACP reserves the right to request supporting evidence from members at any stage who have notified us of specific adjustments required to enable them to take the assessment.