- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
About me and my therapy practice
A warm welcome, Life can seem extremely difficult at times as we may face situations that are challenging to deal with on our own. This can leave us feeling quite vulnerable and alone in the world, and may be caused by situations that seem out of our control.
We may desperately want to feel heard and validated but need someone other than friends or family to talk to. We may be comparing ourselves to others and struggling with who we really are or where we want to be in life.
Together we can explore the emotions you are feeling, I will help you to unravel all the sad and negative thoughts that keep ruminating within you and that are giving you those difficult feelings to deal with.
I will offer you somewhere safe and non-judgemental to explore the concerns you are experiencing. We can work together to make sense of what is happening in your world so you are able to feel less alone and able to move forward with your own life. We will work at a pace that feels safe for you and gives you that opportunity to have your feelings validated.
I am happy to offer a free 15-minute video or telephone call for you to ask me any questions you may have and to get a feel of how I work. I find this also helps the initial session feel less daunting for new clients as well as more of an understanding of how counselling works.
About me and my experience
- I have a diploma in counselling as well as various other qualifications that can be viewed on my website. I have worked in a variety of settings including private practice, charities and with EAP services.
- I am committed to working ethically and hold either Registration with the BACP and Accreditation with ‘The National Counselling Society and abide by their code of ethics and practice. I am also a member of ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online. I hold professional indemnity insurance and I am DBS checked.
- My training is integrative and I go with what feels right for the client as we are all unique. I am also a qualified ‘Life Coach’ which I feel benefits the client in moving on
- I work individually with people from the age of 16 as well as with couples. My work can be both short term and long term.
- £35 per session - individuals
- £50 per session - couples
My first session
My main focus in the first session is to put you at ease and work on building the therapeutic relationship . I will go over the contract and the boundaries around this and explain to you about what school of counselling I will be working from.
I will look at what you would hope to achieve from counselling and get to know more about you as a person by maybe asking some questions so I can get a clearer picture of your issues. We will work at a pace that suits you in order to help you feel relaxed and listened to within the counselling session.
Types of therapy
CBT, Cognitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited