- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
I am Consultant EMDR Trauma Therapist and NHS Experience Trauma Therapist with over 20 years NHS Mental Health Experience, accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist that I am
I work using the latest psychological therapies involved Brain and Body interaction and within the NICE and World Health Organisation Guidelines My experience of online working is considerable since the onset of Covid Pandemic and I discovered it works really well with advantages for both parties, no parking, time saving and as efficient as person to person therapy. I am flexible regarding appointments that suit both parties.
About me and my therapy practice
I am a Consultant EMDR Trauma Therapist and experienced NHS therapist and work with Government organisations including NHS, Police, Fire Service and Emergency Service Personnel.
I use the latest psychological therapies for working with clients who have experienced stressful events, for example PTSD, trauma, panic attacks, anxiety, low mood etc. I have discovered that Covid Physical Symptoms can also be helped using this type of therapeutic intervention to enable you to see an immediate difference physically and emotionally taking into account there is no organic Covid related diagnosed physical lung or organ damage.
I now work online (Zoom/WhatsApp) due to Covid and have found from working this way over two years, therapy online is as effective as face to face therapy. This information was gained by positive feed back from clients.
I am a Consultant EMDR Trauma Practitioner and NHS Practitioner I use CBT and other practical therapeutic interventions to engage the sensory flight, fight and freeze responses of the the brain and body. Therapy enables the person identify the triggers to this defence system ie the fear that triggers the response of fight, fight and freeze that are activated when there is no immediate threat, ie panic, anxiety, anger etc This can often result in ongoing low mood and repetitive anxious thoughts and feelings if not addressed by an experienced therapist.
My first session
- I am currently working effectively on line using Zoom, WhatsApp to keep clients and myself safe from Covid Infections. Offering therapy this way is not detrimental to the process of therapy fro m my experience over two years delivering therapy in this way.
- My initial session involves taking a life history of upsetting events and assessment and to provide knowledge and understanding how the human system manages trauma and how the Brain and Body interact when facing distressing events to protect ourselves as a mammal species by using sophisticated neuro network systems within brain and body to protect us from harm. I
- Introducing practical techniques to lower distress using self administered proven stabilisation techniques that are helpful also helpful for ongoing Covid Symptoms.
- Education about Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Treatment as recommended by NHS Nice Guidelines and the World Health Organisation as an effective treatment for PTSD and used for other psychological effects of trauma, such as panic, depression, flashbacks etc.
- Sessions can take up to 90 minutes to give you a sense of the time it takes to reprocess information and enable transformational change in which problem emotional learnings are dissolved and symptoms do not reoccur.
Please call me for any additional information and or to book an appointment call 0777558719. Regards Iris
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Health related issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Self esteem, Self-harm, Service veterans, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT, Eclectic, EMDR, Emotionally focused therapy, Integrative, Person centred, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited