- Phone number
- 07384 324058
About me and my therapy practice
I am a welcoming, open-minded and fully qualified counsellor and member of the BACP. I hold profound respect for those I work with and sensitivity for the unique needs and perspectives each person brings.
How I work
My work is grounded in the belief that we each have the potential to work through and grow from the difficulties we face, and to come to terms with even the most challenging life circumstances, but sometimes we need support with that.
The process of exploring in-depth what is troubling us with someone who is really listening, not just to your words but to the person behind them, can in itself be a healing process. It may also bring to light beliefs, experiences or ways of living that are holding you back.
My aim is to help you rediscover the resources, strengths and wisdom that are yours and that can free you up to live with greater purpose and energy.
• I am a fully qualified counsellor with a Postgraduate Diploma in Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling (with Distinction).
• Masters in Critical Theory (with Distinction).
I coordinate a counselling service across East Sussex.
• I was employed charity to establish a pilot project in which I provided counselling to young people in a deprived area of Brighton. The project recently secured NHS funding and is now part of Brighton and Hove's Wellbeing Service.
• I have over fourteen years of experience working with people in crisis.
• I have ten years of experience working with teenagers and young adults.
• I have worked as a freelance therapist for parents.
• I have worked as a counsellor in schools and colleges.
I hope to return to offering face-to-face work in the near future. Currently I work using video call (Zoom or Skype).
My first session
I offer a free initial consultation lasting around 45 minutes. This is a chance for us to come to an agreement about whether to continue with further sessions. I feel it is very important that you feel enough comfort, safety, trust and also curiosity about working with whichever counsellor you choose.
We can also discuss availability, times and dates etc.
What I can help with
Abuse, Asperger syndrome, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Identity issues, Infertility, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited