- Phone number
- 07384 324058
About me and my therapy practice
I am a welcoming, open-minded and fully qualified counsellor and member of the BACP. I work therapeutically with teenagers and adults and hold profound respect for those I work with and sensitivity for the unique needs and perspectives each person brings.
How I work
My work is grounded in the belief that we each have the potential to work through and grow from the difficulties we face, and process even the most painful of feelings, but sometimes we need support with that.
The process of exploring in-depth what is troubling us with someone who is really listening, not just to your words but to the person behind them, can in itself be a healing process. It may also bring to light beliefs, experiences or ways of living that are holding you back.
My aim is to help you rediscover the resources, strengths and wisdom that are yours and that can free you up to live with greater purpose and energy.
I offer a free initial consultation so you can talk through any questions or concerns and decide about arranging further sessions.
• I am a fully qualified counsellor with a Postgraduate Diploma in Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling (with Distinction).
• Masters in Critical Theory (with Distinction).
• In 2013 I was employed by YMCA DownsLink Group to establish a pilot project in which I provided counselling to young people in a deprived area of Brighton. The project recently secured NHS funding and is now part of Brighton and Hove's Wellbeing Service.
• I have over fourteen years of experience working with people in crisis.
• I have ten years of experience working with teenagers and young adults.
• I recently worked as a freelance counsellor for parents at UMEUS.
• I currently work as a counsellor at a secondary school.
What I can help with
Abuse, Asperger syndrome, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Identity issues, Infertility, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited