- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
Who am I?
I am a qualified, highly experienced, counsellor/psychotherapist. Having a foundation in person-centred counselling, I integrate cognitive behaviour therapy & psychodynamic psychotherapy into my practise. I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions.
I aim to provide a calm, relaxing & friendly space, where you can talk openly & confidentially. I can help you to see things differently, feel better about yourself / your problems & help make changes to your life, if you wish.
- Accredited Member of BACP
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Casework Supervision
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Foundation Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- 16 years in private practice
- 5 years in Universities, working with students of all ages
- 9 years in Further Education College, working with students of all ages
- 2 years in a GP practice, with patients of the surgery
- 2 years in a complementary medicine clinic
What can we discuss?
You can talk me about anything that might be worrying or upsetting you. For example:
- depression and/or anxiety
- stress or anger management
- health worries about yourself or partner, friends or family
- pressure from work or study
- worried about your future
- discrimination, bullying or harassment
- bereavement or serious illness
- loneliness, isolation or rejection
- painful memories of past events
- relationship issues
- overcome a phobia or unhelpful behaviours
- unhappiness with no obvious cause
Each session usually lasts between 50 mins to 1 hour. We can agree how many sessions you might need at the first session & review this as you progress.
Counselling is talking therapy which provides the space for you to talk about things that may be difficult to share with anyone else. We can find more effective ways of coping & a better understand your feelings. It is about being accepted rather than judged or criticised. It is not about telling you what to do.
Psychotherapy is talking therapy, similar to counselling. However, we may work in different ways to learn more about you in the process.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
CBT is another form of talking therapy that aims to solve problems in relation to unhelpful thoughts & behaviour. Clinical research shows it is effective for the treatment of a variety of problems, including depression/anxiety. CBT is recommended by the NHS (NICE guidelines).
Hypnotherapy is the use of talking therapy whilst you are in a hypnotic state. You’re always in control & can come out of the hypnotic state at any time. It’s used for many different purposes e.g. anxiety, depression, phobias, stress management as well as weight loss, stopping smoking, stopping the use of alcohol, or non-prescribed/illegal drugs.
Don’t worry about which talking therapy would be best for you; this is something we can discuss at your first meeting and throughout our work together. Please contact me for more information or to arrange an appointment.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited