- Phone number
- 01922 910929
- Concessionary rates
I'm available between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday.
About me and my therapy practice
Hi! My name is Nordia, and thank you for taking the time to invest in both your present and your future.
I am the Practice Director at Restoration Therapy, and it’s been a long but great journey to get the counselling clinic to this point.
Since 2013, I’ve worked in various art therapy and psychotherapy settings. I’ve worked in primary and secondary schools, private clinics, charities, the NHS, and CAMHS services. I’ve been able to bring together these different experiences, and take all that I’ve learned and loved and transfer them to this practice.
- Struggling to cope with difficult life experiences?
- Regularly battle sleepless nights?
- Have anxiety or panic attacks?
- Tired and weary of battling the past?
- Wishing you could live life to the fullest?
- Routinely feel worthless, hopeless or helpless?
Nobody should have to experience the challenges many of us have faced. We go through life facing one “bump” after another but oftentimes without the support we need. If we're honest, it grieves us to see our clients struggling but we became psychotherapists because we wanted to help. Get in touch today and let's see how we can support you.
I help individuals who are struggling to manage life’s challenges by providing therapeutic support to be the best version of themselves.
My first session
It's normal to wonder what you're about to get yourself into. For most people, this first step is the hardest. Nerves, anxiety, fear, excitement, hope and many other feelings might be floating around. You're not crazy. You're not falling apart. You haven't failed. Seeking therapy is not an admission that you're weak.
Maybe you're wondering what your counsellor will be like? Will they understand how I'm feeling?
So what should you expect in your first session? Your first session with the therapist will be different from future visits. The initial consultation is an opportunity for you and your therapist to get to know each other and plan ahead.
- Listen to your story and perhaps learn about what has brought you to counselling
- Outline your goals and what you'd like to get from therapy
- It may sound boring, but there'll be some paperwork to fill out. Don't worry, you're not signing away your life
- Strategise and plan ahead for the next couple of sessions
- Arrange the date and time for the next appointment
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Disability, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, OCD, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Spirituality, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited