Annabel Pilott

Annabel Pilott

Registered Member MBACP

Contact information

Phone number

Contact Annabel

Therapist - Lewes

Lewes BN7
Sessions from £45.00


  • Flexible hours available
  • Available for home visits
  • Concessionary rates

About me and my therapy practice

Is your child’s behaviour and/or emotions worrying you?

Play Therapy is a child-friendly form of counselling/therapy that uses play, as well as talking, as a medium for communication and dealing with difficult feelings. Play Therapy offers a safe and caring space to help children share parts of themselves that they might not otherwise have been able to share. Through playing and talking about feelings and experiences, children can start to process and work through their difficulties until they are resolved to a ‘good enough’ level. It is through the combination of the play and the relationship with the therapist that change occurs.

I am a qualified Play and Creative Arts Therapist and currently work in primary schools in Lewes and Brighton as well as with East Sussex Post-Adoption Services. I also have a private practice based in the centre of Lewes.

I can offer support with emotional and behavioural issues that children and teens may be experiencing. Some of the issues I have worked with include: attachment difficulties;  angry, aggressive or destructive outbursts; bereavement issues; a lack of confidence, low self esteem; shyness, unusually quiet or withdrawal; traumatic incidents (e.g.  domestic abuse); the effects of divorce or separation; bullying (children who bully and those who are on the receiving end of these behaviours); behaviour difficulties at home, school or both.

Some children and young people respond to a short term intervention (eg. 12 sessions). However, when problems have persisted for a long time or are complicated a longer-term intervention may be required. There are regular reviews with parents to assess progress and share information on how best parents can support their child. 

I hold an enhanced DBS certificate to work with children and young people and have professional indemnity insurance. For more information, please check out my website

What I can help with

Child related issues

Types of therapy

Creative therapy, Play therapy

Clients I work with


How I deliver therapy

Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work