- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
ARE YOU STRUGGLING TO COPE?
I am an accredited BACP psychotherapist and counsellor, working with adults of all ages and teens from age 13 upwards, from my clinic in Hay-on-Wye. I help people:
- Learn who they are and find the courage to live richly and fully
- Transform anger and low self-esteem
- Find relief from anxiety and depression
- Improve relationships
- Overcome trauma and find peace and healing
- Navigate bereavement, divorce, and other difficult life-events
I work short-term or long-term, as needed, to help you achieve the changes you want to see. Whatever we talk about, you can expect our conversations to cover the following stages:
- Assessing and Exploring: We look together at what you’re facing, how it’s affecting different areas of your life, and what you’d like to be different. We’ll get curious about your life-patterns, your coping strategies, and habits of thought – so we can start to make sense of your experience.
- Mindful Observation and ‘Life Testing’: This is when changes start to happen. We take time to observe, reflect, and deepen our understanding, at whatever pace is right for you. We’ll identify and engage your existing resources, challenge old habits where necessary, and consider new tools for problem-solving where necessary. And as you begin to ‘test out’ new ways of being, we’ll notice carefully how things affect you on a practical, physical and emotional level.
- Consolidation and Ending: We fine-tune and strengthen your new sense of self, and make sure it’s comfortably embedded in your daily life. We’ll review the changes you’ve achieved, look at how you'll cope with any future difficulties, and make sure you leave feeling stable and confident.
What I can help with
Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Asperger syndrome, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Health related issues, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Self esteem, Spirituality, Relationships, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Cognitive, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational
Clients I work with
Trainee, Adults, EAP, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited