- Phone number
- 07767 658568
- Flexible hours available
About me and my therapy practice
I work with men and women who have reached a difficult point in their life and have found the courage to seek professional support. I am passionate about encouraging more men to attend therapy.
There are many reasons for seeking counselling...
- You may have ongoing low or depressive moods and lack energy and motivation.
- You may be regularly anxious, overwhelmed, angry or feel out of control.
- You may be struggling with some of the relationships in your life.
- You may be experiencing a bereavement, or loss of a job, or a partnership/marriage.
Counselling can really help...
- Make sense of why you are feeling anxious or low, and look at ways to alleviate these feelings.
- Help you work through and calm your anger and overwhelm, and become more aware of your triggers so you feel more in control.
- Gain awareness of how to build healthier relationships and learn why you may feel unheard or misunderstood.
- Give yourself the time and space to acknowledge and process your loss.
- Gently process past traumas in a safe, non-judgemental environment at your pace and agenda.
In a previous career, I ran my own business for 25 years within corporate environments. I also volunteered for 9 years in a homeless charity helping clients get back into the workplace. I currently volunteer at a Domestic Abuse charity and a low cost counselling charity.
Working with me, you will find someone who is empathic and holds no judgement. I will encourage you to be yourself and bring anything that's troubling you to our sessions.
I will work alongside you at your pace to understand your experience, and help you make sense of why you are feeling the way you are. Together we will develop your own self-awareness and self-trust, giving you the skills and confidence to live a more contented life, making the right choices for you.
I am currently offering counselling online via Zoom video due to COVID 19.
My first session
I appreciate it's difficult taking a step into the unknown. You may have questions about how I work and potential fears about attending counselling. I would encourage you to have a chat with me first so that we can discuss these together, and then decide if we are the right fit for each other.
I therefore offer an initial 30 minute phone consultation free of charge.
In our first full session, I will explain more about how I work and gain a better understanding of your goals for therapy. We will also explore in more detail what has bought you to seek therapy and start building our relationship.
When choosing a counsellor it is essential that you find someone you feel totally comfortable with, and with this in mind, at the end of our first session, we discuss if you wish to book further sessions with me, or seek support elsewhere. Either choice is the right one.
At all times you are in control of your sessions. We work at your pace, with your agenda and regularly review our work together.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainee
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work