- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I am an experienced psychotherapist working in private practice in London, Oxford and online. I provide a compassionate, confidential and safe space where I support clients to identify, explore and work through things that are troubling them.
People come to therapy for many different reasons; perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, or stuck, or you are struggling with relationships, or seeking personal development. I adapt my approach to respond to your individual situation and aim to help you to move forwards towards positive change.
I work collaboratively with you to explore any emotions and challenges you may be facing aiming to help you to make sense of difficult feelings, events, or patterns of relating; to bring greater awareness to these experiences and to develop a greater understanding of unseen patterns of behaviour that may underlie psychological distress. In exploring this it may then be possible to address the current and past life experiences to which such feelings and behaviours may relate and create different patterns of relating in the therapeutic relationship and outside.
I offer specialist support in the following areas:
- Anxiety, stress, panic attacks.
- Relationship difficulties/changes.
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Work stress.
- Loss, illness, bereavement.
- Traumatic events, abuse, PTSD.
- Major life transitions (mid-life crisis, redundancy, retirement).
- Counter-productive coping strategies such as disordered eating patterns, self-harm and addiction.
I provide regular open-ended psychotherapy and counselling, and short-term therapy to adults and young adults. I am flexible in adopting whichever approach best suits your needs, life commitments and budget.
Training and Qualifications:
- Fully qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist having completed a 5 year postgraduate clinical and academic training at one of London’s foremost training institutions.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Theory and Practice from the University of Roehampton.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills from WPF Therapy (Distinction) .
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Practice (Society of Analytic Psychotherapy).
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitiztion & Reprocessing) Accredited Training.
- BA Joint Hons. in Economic and Social History and Politics (1st) and an MSc in International Dispute Resolution.
- Member of the TLC Committee for the Foundation of Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) and Mentor for WPF trainees.
- Member of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Clinical experience includes working with individuals of diverse culture, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and religion in international corporations, finance, law, government, start ups, charities and universities.
- Prior to my career as a psychotherapist, I worked as a dispute resolution lawyer at a large global practices and coached, mentored and trained international clients and postgraduates.
- I am committed to my on-going professional development and I am a professional member of the UKCP, BACP, BPC, Foundation of Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC) and the EMDR Association. All of these organisations have strict ethical codes and professional standards of confidentiality to which I subscribe.
My first session
I understand that it can be daunting to make the first step towards therapy and believe it takes courage to do. If you are thinking about having therapy or would like to know more about how I work and whether therapy could work for you email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Initially we would meet for a consultation to discuss what has bought you to therapy now, what your expectations are, and to consider whether working together has the potential for change for the better. All enquiries are strictly confidential and this is an opportunity for you to explore whether you feel comfortable in this setting. If we decided to proceed we would discuss a fee and would normally meet at the same time each week for a 50 minutes.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Infertility, Loss, Men's issues, OCD, Personal development, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, EMDR, Jungian, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited