- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
I have worked as a humanistic-integrative counsellor since 2000, and have held BACP accreditation since 2003. I completed a Post-Graduate Certificate in Supervision in 2014.
I have mainly worked in services offering short-term therapy to adults, covering a wide range of issues. I spent the last eight years in an IAPT service in Derbyshire, where I was a counsellor, IPT therapist and supervisor. I have recently retired, but am continuing to practise as a volunteer counsellor at Saffron Sheffield, working for between 20 and 40 weeks with women who have experienced some form of trauma.
- I believe effective supervision, like effective therapy, depends on establishing a warm, mutually respectful and honest relationship. This creates a safe space which offers:
- * the opportunity to explore all aspects of your work with clients, including our inner thoughts and feelings about the work
- * discussion of your hopes and needs for professional development
- * a chance that you may feel heard, supported, restored and energised
I charge £50 per hour, but am prepared to negotiate a reduced rate for students or counsellors in their first year of practice. I prefer to supervise face-to-face, when possible. I work at my home, which is not fully wheelchair accessible, but would also be prepared to discuss arranging sessions at the home of any supervisee who lives locally, if they are affected by significant mobility problems.
I am happy to offer an exploratory hour free-of-charge, to help decide whether working together feels like a 'good fit'.
What I can help with
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work