- Phone number
- 01932 351429
- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I am a BACP Senior Accredited therapist with 25 years of experience based in Woking. I offer one-to-one counselling, incorporating compassionate common sense with well grounded theoretical understanding. I work with individuals and do short term work with couples and young people. I have a special interest in relationships and young people's problems.
My experience includes:
- Relationship difficulties (couples) and family issues
- Low self esteem and low self-confidence
- Panic attacks
- Anxiety/ Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Self harming
- Abuse: emotional, physical and sexual
- Bereavement and loss
- Life crisis or change
I strongly believe that the client is the expert on themselves and simply needs the right environment and a relationship of trust to develop to the best of their ability. I see the client as an individual and not as a 'case' to be fitted to a particular theory.
I am happy to undertake both short term counselling and longer open-ended therapy.
I work within a Humanistic, person-centred approach. This means the client is the centre of the work and I am there by their side to explore whatever is uppermost for them. However, I also incorporate other theoretical models whenever appropriate.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (working to change a core belief that is causing certain behaviours)
- Solution Focused Therapy (concentrating on a particular problem for short term work)
- Gestalt (based on a holistic view of the person, use of body language)
- Transactional Analysis (belief in the basic OK-ness of the person, and their place in their environment)
- Dream Therapy (dreams can be a fast track to understanding a person's deepest fears)
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, OCD, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Creative therapy, Eclectic, Existential, Gestalt, Humanistic, Person centred, Play therapy, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Older adults, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited