- Phone number
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
Tuesdays in person
Available for remote work on Mondays.
About me and my therapy practice
I am an experienced, qualified Child and Adolescent Counsellor. I have worked in schools as a counsellor for many years, having previously been a teacher and Special Educational Needs teacher. I also have expertise in helping parents whose children display challenging behaviour. I trained as a counsellor with the Place2Be and Metanoia Institute, and as a Children and Young People’s Therapist specialising in Parent Work at King’s College, London.
Counselling for children and young people
Counselling with me takes different forms, depending on how each person wishes to communicate, whether through words, play, art or a combination of these. Within a confidential, warm and respectful therapeutic relationship, my aim is to help each person to find a way through the difficulties that may be holding them back, so that they feel happier and more emotionally balanced.
Parenting is hard as well as fantastically rewarding. Sometimes parents and carers feel that they need support to find solutions to the challenges they face, and my aim is to work alongside them to find these solutions.
- I see children, young people and parents in person in my welcoming consulting room in Liss.
- I also see clients remotely using zoom or Face Time.
- I offer an initial parent / carer consultation which can be used to decide on the most helpful way forward for you and your family. This may be followed by counselling for the child or young person alone, with a family follow up session(s) if needed.
- If appropriate, I can deliver a tailored parenting intervention for parent/carer and child of between 6 and 12 sessions.
- Depending on demand, I can also offer parenting groups.
My first session
In the first session, which is up to 75 minutes, I will give you some more information about counselling with me and set the frame for our time together.
I will take a detailed history of relevant factors and spend time finding out more about the difficulties that have brought you to see me. I will ask you to complete and talk through a couple of questionnaires that will help me gain a deeper insight into these issues. We will make a plan together and think about what you would like the sessions with me to achieve.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum / Aspergers syndrome, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Loss, OCD, Trauma
Types of therapy
Creative therapy, Integrative, Play therapy
Clients I work with
Children, Families, Groups, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work