- Phone number
- 07905 588671
About me and my therapy practice
As a counsellor and clinical supervisor with over twenty years post-qualification experience, including ten years managing an alcohol counselling service, I hope the following will help in your search.:
1. My main aim is always to provide a safe, quiet and therapeutic space, in which a trusting relationship can develop.
2. I have found that clients who have a sense of meaning or personal philosophy of life, tend to be more at ease.
3. Exploring our personal histories, including how childhood experiences, both positive and negative, have helped shape our present is often a key part of healing. But we also need to avoid getting caught up in the 'drama' of our personal stories and allowing them to determine or limit our lives.
4. I believe we need to learn to 'Tread lightly in life' which doesn't mean not living fully, deeply and intensely, but does mean consciously trying to avoid being sucked into the heaviness of self despair and pity.
5. Mindfulness and meditation can help this process, enabling us to gently and compassionately notice and be curious about our lives.
6. I always try to be sensitive to issues around race, culture, sexuality, gender, disability and other 'differences' and avoid making assumptions about people.
7. I look forward to hearing from you and for more information please visit my website: claphamoldtowncounselling.com
What I can help with
Eating disorders, Obsessions, Phobias, OCD, Anxiety, Bereavement, Service veterans, Abuse, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Depression, Personal development, Life coaching, Disability, Health related issues, AIDS/HIV, Sexuality, Self esteem, Spirituality, Cultural issues, Sexual identity, Infertility, Relationships, Redundancy, Stress, Anger management, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work