- Phone number
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
Hi, my name is Simon
Everyone needs support occasionally. What some consider day to day issues gradually or suddenly feel much more.
Not feeling right but not sure why? Life feels harder than normal? Maybe something significant or traumatic has happened in your life and you can't quite come to terms with it / work out how to cope with it?
• You've heard of counselling and wonder if it would help
• Someone who cares about you suggested it might help
• You'll try anything because you're stuck and can't seem to find a way through yourself
I would like to offer to support you. If you've got this far, you've taken the 1st step. The next may be harder, but I invite you to contact me to discuss how I might be able to help.
I offer a confidential, private space where you can say what you like, without fear of judgement or upsetting others. I will do my best to understand what life is like for you, through your lens. I will help you work out what you want to do and how you become the best you can.
Please follow the steps below if you would like to discuss how I can support you:
1. Contact me by phone / email to arrange an initial telephone discussion where we can discuss arrangements for the 1st session
2. At the 1st session, we will discuss how we can work together and what you are looking to get out of the sessions
3. If you're happy to continue, more sessions are normally arranged weekly, same time and day, although I can offer flexibility. We can discuss suitable alternative arrangements. You will monitor your progress with me and decide how long you wish to continue the sessions
I have experience of providing online / telephone counselling,
My first session
Prior to our first session, I offer the opportunity for an initial chat over the telephone, or if you prefer, can provide and respond to queries over e-mail. This is an opportunity for you to begin to understand how I might be able to help and support you, and for you to ask any questions you might have about whether working with me is the right thing for you.
Our 1st session will take the form of an assessment session where I will run through and take some information from you as well as discussing how we will work together and develop clear expectations of one another. It will also provide the opportunity for us to establish whether we both feel comfortable working together.
There will be plenty of time for you to ask me any questions during these steps and I will do my best to provide you with reassuring responses to any queries and concerns you might raise. This will be done honestly as it is important to develop a relationship of trust and congruence right from the beginning.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Career coaching, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Development coaching, Disability, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited