- Phone number
- 01253825301 / 07773 120266
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
I try not to work on a Sunday, but if this is the only day you are available then I'm sure I can work around this - don't hesitate to get in touch.
About me and my therapy practice
Hello, and thank you for sparing a few minutes to look through my profile. I offer mainly person centred therapy which is safe, confidential and non-judgemental allowing you to explore your emotions and issues to help you take back control and feel happier, healthier and empowered with yourself.
I offer a FREE 30 minute consultation.
I am qualified and experienced to offer counselling and psychotherapy to cover most mental health issues to children, youths, adults, couples/relationship and families. Sessions can be face to face, online, telephone, walk and talk therapy or I can visit your home.
I have qualifications and vast experience to help you with many types of mental health issues, such as: Anxiety; Depression; Bereavement & loss; Bullying; Trauma; all types of Abuse; Marriage/relationships/family issues; Self-harm; Low self esteem and/or Confidence; Eating disorders and many more - see below for full listing.
I have previously lectured counselling at Blackpool and the Fylde College which I thoroughly enjoyed, but working with clients is my true passion and calling.
I am also a qualified Nursery Nurse and experienced in helping families with parenting issues, and setting boundaries for children.
I have my own company - Counselling Options, working for myself means I can offer sessions out of typical office hours. Please visit my website, email or send a text, and you will be contacted within 24 hours to arrange your free consultation, at which point we can talk about what will best suit your needs and what you want to gain from therapy, with a view to working together to improve your mental health and well-being back to where it should be.
Thank you once again for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you in due course to see how counselling/psychotherapy can change your life.
* Qualified Counsellor in Therapeutic Therapy
* Certificate - Concepts of bereavement
* Certificate - Working with grief and loss
* Certificate - stress/anxiety management
* Certificate - Couples and relationship therapy including much experience
* Certificate in working with Eating Disorders
* Certificate - working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder
* Certificate - Behaviour that Challenges
* Certificate - Stress Management
* Certificate - Managing the Menopause with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (i also run a support group for this)
* BTEC - Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing)
* Certificate - Child Protection and Safeguarding
* Certificate - Children and Young People's Mental Health
* Certificate - Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation & Mental Health
* Certificate - HIV Awareness
* Certificate - Treating Intrusive thoughts
* Certificate - Working with developmental play
* Certificate - Suicide risk
* Certificate - Emotional Freedom Technique
* Certificate - Treating generalised anxiety disorder and panic attacks
* Certificate - Neuro-Linguistic Programming
* Certificate - Life coaching
* Certificate - How to stop nightmares
Experiences: Counselling children, youths, adults and couples. Working with families to overcome child raising issues, setting boundaries for children, sibling rivalry, attachment, child-loss etc. I also volunteer at the Linden Centre and counsel clients of all ages suffering bereavement, those affected by cancer and clients with incurable cancer.
My first session
After a free consultation there is no obligation to book sessions, you will not be contacted - the decision needs to be yours. Your consultation is to gather a brief over-view of what your issue/s are and to discuss your requirements. The consultation also gives us time to see if we could work together - in therapy, the relationship is vital to build trust and rapport so that you get the very most out of your sessions.
However, should you decide to go ahead, the first session (Usually within 4 days) will be to assess your mental health needs and work out a plan for moving forward and dealing with your issues. We will discuss the ethical contract which includes cancellation policy, data protection, confidentiality etc.
Counselling sessions will involve mainly talking, but should you wish they can also include art and craft.
Sessions with children can include talking, role-play, art and craft, play and nature.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anxiety, Autism spectrum / Aspergers syndrome, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Disability, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Service veterans, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Trauma, Women's issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Emotion focused therapy, Family therapy, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Neuro linguistic programming, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, EAP, Families, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited