- Phone number
- 01708 607 495 / 07931588351
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
My name is Dr Oby Osuchukwu. I am a medical doctor, accredited therapist, accredited supervisor, and University senior lecturer (counselling training). I have over 18 years of working experience in the counselling arena. I have worked in NHS and private practice for many years. In addition to BACP, I am a Graduate member of the British Psychological Society and British Fertility Society.
My areas of speciality are:
1) Sexual and Reproductive health issues (infertility, sexual dysfunctions, miscarriage and stillbirth, unplanned pregnancy etc)
2) Relationship Issues (e.g. marriage conflicts, divorce related problems, step-family issues)
3) Mental health issues (e.g. Bipolar, OCD, Psychosis, Personality Disorders, Depression and Anxiety Disorders, PTSD)
4) Occupational health issues (e.g. work-related stress and anxiety, work-life balance issues, bullying in the workplace
My main therapeutic approaches: Integrative Therapy, CBT, PCT, Psycho-dynamics, and Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT)
1. Psychological Assessment* £150,
2. Personal Counselling £55; Couple (£80); Family (£100) Students (£35)
I have over ten years of clinical supervision experience. I offer supervision to qualified and trainee counsellors/therapists, psychologists from various therapeutic orientations and working in mental health services and/or other areas such as fertility counselling, occupational therapy, relationship counselling, school counselling, private practice.
My supervision is usually 1.5 hrs/month but for therapists with large client loads and trainee therapists, we can negotiate more supervision. Group supervision is usually 2.5hrs/month
Fees: 1-1 supervision: £85 (qualified) and £45 (Trainee). Group: £25/person.
What I can help with
Addictions, Eating disorders, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Personal development, ADD / ADHD, AIDS/HIV, Asperger syndrome, Cancer, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Health related issues, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Men's issues, Self esteem, Women's issues, Child related issues, Infertility, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Sex-related issues, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Existential, Family therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy, Systemic, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, EAP, Families, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited