- Phone number
- Concessionary rates
Tuesday - Friday 8.00am - 8.30pm
About me and my therapy practice
I am passionate about helping adults work with loss, self-esteem and relationship difficulties so that you can have better, more fulfilling lives.
You may be struggling with:
- Panic Attacks
- Bereavement - death of a partner, child, baby, miscarriage, friend, loved one or pet.
- Loss - any change creates loss and grief. Loss of your hopes and dreams.
- Low Self-Esteem or Self-Confidence
- Family Issues - conflict, estrangement, abuse, neglect.
- Relationship Issues - divorce, affairs, domestic and/or emotional abuse, poor sex life, infertility.
- Childlessness - whether by choice or not.
- Sex problems
We are all unique and will each struggle in our own way from time to time. I am here to work collaboratively with you to overcome whatever it is you are going through and create the life you wish for.
I am a Relational Integrative Counsellor which means I work with a variety of therapeutic models (Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive) to best suit your needs within each session, whilst always holding our therapeutic relationship at the core. Additionally, I may incorporate Mindfulness, Self-Compassion, Psychosexual and DBT skills in the work. I endeavour to create a therapy that works for you so please let me know if you have any special requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling (NHS College)
- BACP Accredited Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Psychosexual Studies (In Progress)
- BSc Economics with Econometrics
- Volunteer Bereavement, Carer and End-Of-Life/Palliative Care Counsellor at The Heart of Kent Hospice.
- Counsellor at Making Miracles (Baby Trauma and Bereavement).
- Worked at MIND.
I work via Telephone and Online (Zoom or Skype). In-Person services are currently restricted due to Covid-19.
I start with an assessment then suggest 6 sessions. Sometimes this is enough, other times the work is ongoing and happens over months or years. I also believe that therapy can be useful for ongoing self-care - you might not have a major issue to work through, you might just want some support.
I offer sessions biweekly, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- 50 minute Individual Daytime Session (8am-5pm) - £50
- 50 minute Individual Evening Session (6pm-8.30pm) - £60
- Home Visits - £50 (Daytime)/ £60 (Evening) + travel time and petrol - Please contact me with your address for an exact price.
- 50 minute Individual Concessionary Session (Low-Income, Student, Unemployed, OAPs, Keyworkers) - £40
How to get started... Give me a call or send me a text or email to arrange an assessment.
My first session
The first session is a 50 minute assessment session so that we can explore what's going on for you in detail and gives you an opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Addictions, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Development coaching, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Service veterans, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Cognitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Organisations
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited