- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
Available in EC1 and E3. Primarily I see clients who want help with anxiety and stress-related issues, but I also have a strong interest in assisting anyone who feels what was once an enjoyable past-time might be veering towards an addiction. I have experience as working as a voluntary prison liaison officer for Gamblers Anonymous (GA), and of running and speaking at meetings for both GA, and also Narcotics Anonymous.
I work with clients in a boutique practice near Farringdon and Islington Tube stations in the City, and from a dedicated setting at my home, a short walk from Bow Underground station in East London.
Here Are The Ten Things I Want To Do With You As A Therapist:
1. Help you to feel heard.
2. Acknowledge whatever it is that is troubling you.
3. Become curious about yourself, and how you are in the world.
4. Challenge you when appropriate, especially around fixed positions you are reluctant to shift from, even if they are unhelpful or damaging for you.
5. Develop your awareness, again especially about how you interact with the world around you.
6. De-role you so that for at least 50 minutes-a-week you are an individual i.e. not just a parent, a bread-winner, a people-pleaser etc.
7. Help you mobilise yourself (and I must emphasise this only happens when you declare yourself ready) towards change.
8. Accompany you and support you when you have to go to difficult places in the therapy room.
9. Encourage you to sit with painful feelings, dwell a while is possible, then assist you to safely re-emerge.
10. Sometimes hold what you cannot and, again only when you are ready and able, help you to take it back a piece at a time.
Typically my clients are people who want to become more resilient, improve their general well-being, and who are seeking personal and professional lives which are more fulfilling and sustained.
What I can help with
Addictions, Obsessions, OCD, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Personal development, Men's issues, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Women's issues, Adoption issues, Relationships, Sex-related issues, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Gestalt, Humanistic, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling