- Phone number
- 07950 565770
- Flexible hours available
I am offering both in person and online Counselling via Skype or Zoom due to the current situation.
I am fairly flexible and and am available from early morning (prior to work), during the day on weekdays and in the evenings.
About me and my therapy practice
You may have found it difficult sharing your concerns with friends or family, however supportive they may be, and it can be daunting to seek help, but in seeing a counsellor, you are assured of privacy and confidentiality with someone who is outside your personal sphere and will provide non-judgemental support.
I aim to offer a calm reflective space in which we can work constructively to make sense of any troubles or concerns you may have. I will support you as you gain insight into your feelings and fears and, over time, discover and develop inner strengths that will enable you to let go of unhelpful patterns of behaviour and find new directions for the future.
I have worked with individuals who may be experiencing:
• feelings of anxiety, depression or stress
• feelings of confusion or of being overwhelmed
• feelings of being stuck in unhelpful repetitive patterns of behaviour or relationships
• a lack of confidence in your self
• deep feelings of loss, grief
• difficulty in relating to people
• discomfort with your body
• difficulty tolerating uncomfortable feelings
• the impact of abuse or bullying
• the impact of being with someone intrusive or self-absorbed
• using food as a way of calming yourself
• feeling overwhelmed as a carer
• your feelings as seeming out of control at times
• a sense of dissatisfaction, emptiness or futility with your life
• a tendency to be harsh on yourself
• a need for personal development and growth
• work-related issues
I charge £50 per session for my practice in Crouch End.
I normally work from my home in Crouch End - minutes away from Hornsey mainline station, and also easily accessible from Turnpike Lane (Piccadilly line).
I am now running counselling sessions both in person and online via Skype or Zoom.
My first session
We will have an initial meeting to talk about the concerns which bring you to counselling. It can be useful to have one or more initial meetings for us to decide if I can be of help to you. If so, we will then arrange a mutually convenient time to meet weekly.
Gaining a sense of you as an individual with your particular history:
Each person is an individual and it is important to gain a sense of how you have come to where you are now and what your particular needs are so that we work together in a way that is most helpful to you. Sometimes you may at first just feel that "something does not feel right".
It is important that we work in a way which seeks to understand your reactions, behaviour rather than to be judging of them, as often these were perhaps the only way of coping with certain situations which were familiar to you.
Confidentiality is also important so that you feel safe sharing often very personal information. I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice which can be found online.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work