- Phone number
I am currently not taking new clients until September 2020.
About me and my therapy practice
Choosing a counsellor can be overwhelming, with so many counsellors listed in your area how will you know which counsellor to choose? Take your time to look through the listings. You could call or email to arrange a time for a chat before you book an appointment, this might help you get a feel for whether they could be the right therapist for you.
Talking to a trained counsellor gives you the time and space to speak openly, to say things out loud that you might not say to anyone else. This can provide you with fresh insight and gives you the opportunity to make changes to improve your quality of life and relationships.
I work with a diverse range of clients and have additional experience in working with:
- Anxiety & depression
- Bereavement & loss
- Difficulties within personal relationships
- Young people (16+)
Within my practice as a counsellor I believe that the outcome of a good counselling experience will help my clients to feel empowered to find their own answers, to feel free to express themselves and make sense of their emotions, build self-esteem and resilience, and to feel more secure within themselves.
If you would like to arrange an initial session to discuss if counselling is something you would like to pursue you can contact me via email on email@example.com.
Background & Qualifications:
- MA, Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- PgDip, Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- BSc, Sociology & Media Arts
- I have worked with young people within an educational setting. I have worked at a bereavement network helping clients to work through their bereavement, make their own decisions, and adjust to their situation. I have worked at a women’s centre, counselling women from diverse backgrounds with complex emotional needs.
What I can help with
Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work