- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Concessionary rates
I provide face to face, telephone, and online sessions via Skype, Zoom, FaceTime and What’s Video
Individual session fee £65
Weekend session fee £95
Couple session fee £80
Hours of practice;
Monday to Friday; 8am to 9pm (8pm being the last session)
Saturday and Sunday; 9am -12pm
Each session lasts for 50minutes.
About me and my therapy practice
Hello and Welcome to my BACP directory listing.
I am BACP Senior Registered and Accredited Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Counselling Supervisor.
I have over 23 years experience of working within Private Practice, NHS and Charity settings. I currently work in full time private practice, offering short-term and long-term counselling and psychotherapy to a individuals and couples with a wide range of presenting issues.
Information about how I work;
I work with a variety of approaches and adapt these to your presenting needs. I am trained in using Psychodynamic, Humanistic and CBT techniques and always with a focus on your needs and expectations.
Please see below a list of the things you should expect from working with me;
- a confidential and safe environment
- a through exploration and analysis of your presenting issues
- significant increase in awareness and a better understanding of your issues, where they originate from and how to affect change
- a reduction in symptoms for example anxiety/ depression
- better management of your addiction or OCD
- the ability to cope with day to day life better
- techniques to use at home if appropriate to your presenting issues
- the ability to overcome habit and associations
Central London Practice;
Room 303, Langdale House, Marshalsea road SE1 1EN
- set within a Victorian warehouse
- practice room is on the 3rd floor,
- lift access available to all floors
- waiting area for clients arriving early
- hand sanitising fluid available throughout the entire building
- face masks compulsory through-out the common areas
- toilets facilities on each floor
- area on ground floor to store bicycles
Southeast London Practice;
Harvard Court, Greenacres, Eltham SE9 5A9
- ground floor counselling practice
- suitable for wheelchair access
- 10 minutes walk form Eltham Station
- suitable for clients living within the southeast areas of Eltham, New Eltham, Blackheath, Lewisham and Kidbrook.
- adjacent to Eltham high-street
- set in the beautiful grounds of Greenacres
My first session
The first session is an ideal opportunity to get a feel for how I work and whether I am the therapist for you.
Research consistently shows that it’s the quality of therapeutic relationship between the counsellor and the client, that matters, much more than theory or technique.
A brief outline of the first session;
We will spend the first few minutes discussing your presenting issues, which areas of your life you wish to focus on and what your expectations of therapy might be.
The main aspects of my approach are;
- a through and ongoing exploration of your issues in order to initiate greater understanding, insight and if applicable behavioural change.
- the counselling if appropriate may also focus of your past in order to gain a deeper understanding of how your parenting, sibling relationship and schooling may have influenced your presenting issues.
- the counselling may also include “homework” to further promote insight and behavioural change.
Towards the end of the session we will leave time for additional questions. If you then agree to proceed you will be given a copy of my “Counselling Agreement” to take away and read prior to our next session. The agreement includes important information on confidentiality, boundaries , payment and cancellations.
I work in line with the BACP, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, guidelines for good practice in Psychotherapy and Counselling
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Business coaching, Cancer, Career coaching, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Coaching supervision, Cultural issues, Depression, Development coaching, Disability, Eating disorders, Executive coaching, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Leadership coaching, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Service veterans, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, CBT, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited