- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I am a passionate integrative Children and Adolescents Therapist (4-18yrs) MBACP (Accred). I have worked with Children and Adolescents, and their families for 25 years in both the voluntary and statutory sector, as well as the education sector. I have extensive experience working with children and adolescents who are survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence. My training in Child Counselling and Traumatology and PTSD has enabled me to have a strong foundation in understanding the emotional, social, and psychology, of child’s mental health.
I draw on creative and evidence based treatments such as Narrative Exposure Therapy with Children (KIDNET), Trauma Focus – Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (TF-CBT) and Children Accelerated Trauma Treatment (CATT). Creative and evidence based treatments is a flexible tool for me to follow my client’s own uniqueness and spontaneity, helping them to acknowledge strengths, inner resources and their goals for long term or short term future. The integration of evidence based treatment and different art mediums such as music, sand tray, and paintings becomes a tool to support my client’s emotional wellbeing, and contributes to explore, treat and examine different issues. Children tend to feel less threatened when communicating their life experiences. The experience of trauma and the impact will be experienced differently by each client. Creative arts helps clients to voice such experiences in a non-directive way whilst keeping emotionally and physically safe. Taking the brave step of coming to therapy is the first stage of a journey to rise and cope with adversity, develop empowerment and a stronger sense of self, robustness, resilience and determination.
My first session
• All sessions are completely confidential and are adhering to BACP Ethical Framework
• Warm, Friendly, Transparent, Honest, and Non-Judgemental environment.
• 60 minutes 1-1 session face2face (Covid-19 compliance in line with government recommendation), offering remote therapy via online video call (Zoom) or telephone. .
• Weekly sessions.
• Free of charge telephone consultation for up to 20 minutes, providing an opportunity to explore and discuss reasons for wanting therapy. This gives you the opportunity to see if I am the right therapist, I strongly believe this is the most important part taking the first step into therapy.
• Cost of session £45.00 per hour (Taking into consideration the financial impact of the pandemic, concessional rate will be considered upon request).
What I can help with
Abuse, Bereavement, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Self esteem, Self-harm, Trauma
Types of therapy
CBT, Cognitive, Creative therapy, Integrative, Person centred, Play therapy, Systemic, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Children, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling