- Phone number
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practice
I have many years’ experience in a variety of clinical settings and am able to integrate different therapeutic approaches, including person-centred counselling, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), the Rewind technique for PTSD or trauma, and Mindfulness. I have worked for the NHS in occupational health, adult psychology and CAMHS services, as well as a cancer support centre and GP surgery. I have also conducted research in trauma-related and health-related settings. I recently moved to Lincolnshire and am working within the Sleaford Natural Health Centre.
My training and broad experience allow me to offer different ways of working, so that together we find the most appropriate way to meet your needs and wishes. I trained as a Rewind Therapy practitioner for the treatment of trauma and PTSD because of the increasing number of clients I was seeing who were affected by trauma. I have found this technique to be very successful. You do not need to talk in detail about the traumatic event, unless you choose to do so.
Whether looking for help for yourself or someone else, you have taken an important first step. The therapeutic relationship between you and your therapist is vitally important and finding the right person for you might seem daunting. Please feel free to call me for an initial discussion and to ask any questions that you might have.
My qualifications and memberships include:
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Post-graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Master of Science in Medical Science (a research qualification regarding the psychological impact of miscarriage for women and partners)
- MSc Psychological Therapy in Primary Care (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Graduate member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered practitioner member of the International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy
- Enhanced Disclosure & Barring certificate
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Health related issues, Infertility, Loss, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Service veterans, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited