- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
- How can counselling help me?
What happens in a counselling session?
We talk about whatever you want to share, without any pressure to say more than you want to. I will listen & try to get a sense of what it's like to be you, how you feel, how you came to be the person you are today & how you would like things to change. We can talk about anything - there's no subject off-limits, no words you can't use, no feelings you can't express. We can talk about ordinary things, difficult & traumatic things, sad & happy things - whatever you bring will be relevant - you can't 'do it wrong.'
How will I feel after counselling?
By the end of our work together I would expect you to feel
- more emotionally resilient, that you'll feel that when life knocks you down you will feel able to 'bounce back'.
- happier in yourself
- able to manage difficult relationships, situations & dilemmas with a cool head will have improved, and that as a result your self-confidence will be high.
How long will I be in counselling?
It's hard to say - it's my job to make myself redundant - to help you learn to care for and maintain your mental health. Once you can do that, you won't need me any more.
I warmly invite you to get in touch now, to book a free 20 minute consultation.
My private practice offers:
- Short term counselling (6-8 weeks)
- Mid-term counselling (20 - 30 weeks)
- Open-ended or long-term counselling (lasting as long as you feel it's useful)
- Annual, six monthly or quarterly Mental Health MOTs
My first session
Then in our first sessions I would be keen to find out more about:
- Your goals for counselling
- Your current situation
- Your life story to date
This is the way things usually go but where necessary we can change the order if you seem to need to explore things differently.
What I can help with
Addictions, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexuality, Stress, Women's issues
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited