About me and my therapy practice
Online Psychotherapy | Counselling | CBT
The therapeutic relationship can be a great source of relief and comfort and help us through the tough times. Often we emerge calmer, more confident, more resilient, because having someone there who understands, listens and does not judge is very powerful and can result in change on a huge scale. I really believe that we all need someone to talk to from time to time.
I offer sessions via Zoom. Sessions are up to 60 minutes.
- MSc Psychotherapy (Existential) (NSPC/Middx University) *
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT-L5 (CPCAB)
- Therapeutic Counselling TC-L4 (CPCAB)
- Counselling: Exploring Fear and Sadness (Open University)
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (NCFE)
- Thought Pattern Management (TPM)
- Working Safely Online (Open University) (2020)
- Working with Grief: Life, Death and Surviving (BACP) (2018)
- Working with Children and Young People – anxiety and panic issues (2017)
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder (PODS) (2017)
- Working with Trauma (CFC) (2017)
- Using CBT to work with addiction (GamCare) (2016)
- Working with adult survivors of childhood abuse (DAA) (2016)
- Understanding how to work with children of substance misusing parents (EDAS) (2015)
- Working with Problem Gamblers (GamCare) (2014)
This year, I have been delighted to see that the therapeutic bond can be just as deep and meaningful online as in a physical room. In fact colleagues and I have seen that there are in fact unexpected benefits and advantages to working online, and reports from clients have supported this. If you have any concerns or questions, please do contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
I work in an integrative way. This means that I draw on various therapeutic tools and strategies in order to adapt to you as an individual, although my work is underpinned by the existential approach. As a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, I also incorporate CBT techniques in my therapy where appropriate. I am a qualified life coach and trained in Thought Pattern Management.
My first session
The aim of the initial session is to explore your expectations of the counselling relationship and for us to consider whether we might work together towards achieving your goals.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Asperger syndrome, Child related issues, Depression, Executive coaching, Identity issues, Life coaching, Loss, OCD, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited