- Phone number
- 07561 716316
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary Rates
About me and my therapy practiceMy name is Emma Brett-Jones and I am a qualified and experienced psychodynamic counsellor and psychotherapist working in private practice in Esher.
I provide a safe, confidential and calm environment for you to talk and for us think together about your situation. I offer weekly sessions on a short term or longer term basis according to your needs.
I am experienced in helping clients who have been struggling with:
• feeling stressed or anxious
• experiencing low self-esteem or a lack of confidence
• finding it difficult to make or sustain good relationships
• repeatedly being involved in destructive or unsatisfactory relationships
• performance anxiety
• struggling with family conflicts
• work-related stress
• panic attacks
• anxiety or fears
• coming to terms with losses such as separation, redundancy or bereavement
• feeling depressed, sad or empty
• lacking a sense of purpose or meaning in life
• coming to terms with one's sexuality or gender
• physical or body image problems
• addiction or eating disorders
I have the following professional and academic qualifications:
MSc Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of London.
Introduction to Counselling and Psychotherapy - WPF.
Ascentis - Awareness in Bereavement Care, Foundation Course, Cruse
In addition to my private practice I work as an psychotherapist for the NHS (secondary care) and in a community counselling agency - Sutton Counselling.
I am a full member of Birkbeck Counselling Association.
I am an accredited member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council).
I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
What I can help with
Addictions, Eating disorders, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Relationships, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work