- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
I am currently NOT AVAILABLE to take new referrals:
Please contact me for a 15 minute FREE CONSULTATION on 07764257565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About me and my therapy practice
Olwen Minford, MA, Diploma in Bereavement Counselling, MBACP Accred
I am an Integrative psychotherapist who specialises in working with people who are bereaved or have a life -threatening illness. I have a Diploma in Bereavement Counselling and a Masters in Arts Psychotherapy which means I enjoy being able to offer a creative and arts- based approach in addition to talking therapy.
My practice is now entirely online via secure video conferencing and telephone with people who are resident in the UK.
This follows over twenty years of diverse experience providing face to face psychotherapy in hospices, hospital, universities, schools, and private practice. I am experienced and comfortable in working this way with clients although it is important to note that it is not suitable for everyone.
- Someone close to you may have died recently with things not being the way you wanted- are you wishing you could feel happier and more at peace?
- Are you struggling to accept and come to terms with the fact that your loved one is not coming back?
- Are you feeling lost and stuck, reliving old memories, wishing things were different?
- Feeling overwhelmed with grief, sadness, guilt, anxiety, loneliness or a sense of meaninglessness?
- You may be facing other losses: loss of a familiar way of life due to Covid 19, a job and livelihood, the challenge of relocation or loss of home, friends, identity, or independence, and you may be struggling to find a sense of meaning and purpose in life.
- Or, it may be that you yourself have had a diagnosis of cancer or are living with a life- threatening illness and wish to speak to someone to help sort out feelings and worries that you cannot express to family or friends.
How can I help?
In all of these situations I understand how important it is to talk and share your fears of uncertainty.
Working creatively my approach can help you manage stress and develop coping strategies. I am here to listen without judgement and help you feel less isolated and empower you to find meaning and make sense of your circumstances.
I will listen in confidence as you talk about the person who has died or about your illness and ask questions appropriately. By providing a supportive presence and a calm space where you can begin to process your thoughts and feelings I will work to help you resolve your grief. The therapy will be tailored to your individual needs.
For example, it may include some of the following:
- enable you to express your feelings and look at how negative thought patterns might be holding you back
- using a solution- focused approach we can consider what resources have helped you to cope in the past
- we may practice some mindfulness relaxation and visualization exercises to support self -care
- work on strategies to help you move forwards in life.
In the situation where you feel you are nearing the end of life the emphasis is on ways to support you to live well until you die and reduce fear and anxiety.
I believe that talking is really helpful, but it can also have limitations. My creative approach using arts- based methods offers further tools to help unlock difficult feelings. There is no pressure to engage with this way of working however.
My first sessionI understand that committing to therapy takes courage.
What to do next:
I offer a free 15- minute telephone call so you can give me an outline of what is going on for you and ask any questions you might have. This is an opportunity to explore working together and how I might help you with no pressure to commit to further sessions.
Please call 07764257565 or
email email@example.com to enquire.
I will respond within 48 hours
Sessions are 50 minutes long
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Creative therapy, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological, Psychoanalytic, Solution focused brief therapy, Transpersonal
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling