- Phone number
- 07973 503392
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, I am currently only available for online sessions.
I have completed the UKCP Covid-19 Online Working Guidance.
About me and my therapy practice
I am a psychotherapist and counsellor working in Devon, TQ13. I am BACP and UKCP registered, and in regular supervision.
My approach is founded on the principle that each of us has inherent potential to live a rich and fulfilling life.
Buried feelings and unhelpful, habitual ways of thinking and behaving can block or limit this potential, and even our sense of who we are. This can lead to many distressing symptoms such as depression and anxiety, and prevent us from living as well as we would like.
Here are some of many reasons people look for therapy:
- being stuck in cycles of compulsive or sabotaging behaviour
- uncontrollable or overwhelming feelings
- a sense of having no feelings
- feeling like something is missing or that there is something wrong with you
- problems in relationships
- loss of meaning
- medically unexplained physical symptoms
It can be hard to believe things could be different. Therapy is hard work but can turn people’s lives around.
Understanding how we relate to ourselves and others, and experiencing our full range of feelings leads to increased freedom and choice, and in turn a renewed sense of purpose, vitality and connection to life, and more satisfying relationships.
Training and qualifications:
- MA in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling
Continued Professional Development (CPD):
- ISTDP (Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Early Relational Trauma
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Creative therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Phenomenological, Psychodynamic, Psychosynthesis, Relational
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work