- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
Looking to begin in-person counselling or psychotherapy in Manchester city centre?
I have been a full-time therapist since 2011. I provide short- and long-term therapy for adults from my rooms by St Ann’s Square.
• I am a qualified and experienced therapist at this registered practice established over a decade ago
• I draw on two years work as Counsellor for a leading private health care provider and two years work as Therapist for a North West charity
• I chair the North West Regional Psychotherapy Association (nwrpa.org.uk) and play an active role in Manchester's network of therapists
• I am experienced in working with a wide range mental health diagnoses and symptoms, including anxiety, depression, a lack of desire, low self-esteem, painful memories, and trauma
• For 20 years I pursued a first career in the arts, holding increasingly senior positions within UK universities while also working with galleries and museums
Contact me today for more information or to book your first session.
My first session
For some people beginning therapy can be both exciting and stressful while others may feel calm and relaxed. Individual reactions differ though everything discussed is treated in confidence.
The first appointment begins with me saying a few words about my service - confidentiality, for example.
The remainder of our time is then given over to considering what brings you to therapy.
During our appointment a fuller picture will emerge and you may also become aware of other things that were not previously on your mind.
By the end of our first appointment you will have a better sense of what therapy will involve and how therapy can support you.
Therapy begins with your first appointment. Why not contact me today to book your first session.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Integrative, Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Organisations
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited