Benefits of organisational membership
- access to our accredited service, accredited course and approved qualification schemes
- the status of professional body membership to assist with tender applications and contractual requirements
- access to members-only information, including good practice resources
- free subscription to Therapy Today
- free access to our online Counselling and Psychotherapy Research (CPR) journal
- free access to the Ethics hub for support and resources on ethical queries or dilemmas
- discounted rates for advertising on our online Jobs board
- exclusive discounts on counselling and psychotherapy books
- free access to the EBSCO research journal database and discovery service
Organisational membership is open to organisations that:
- offer counselling or psychotherapy services to clients
- offer direct services or training to student or qualified counsellors or psychotherapists
- have personnel who use counselling skills in the course of their work
It doesn't mean that all employees and students of the organisation automatically become BACP members. We don't offer group membership.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form below.
Organisational membership application pack (pdf 3.0MB)
Return your completed form by email to email@example.com.
If the contact person nominated on the application is not the main person responsible for the organisation, please attach a copy of a letter, on the organisation’s headed paper, confirming that they have authority to act on its behalf.
All applications are individually checked to ensure that the standards for BACP membership, and the profession, are maintained. Please allow up to 28 days for us to process your application.
From 1 June 2021, we've taken the decision to no longer accept a cheque as payment for membership fees. If this decision causes you any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us to talk about alternative payment methods.
Membership subscriptions run for a year and are reviewed annually. While there is only one organisational membership category, fees vary according to the type of organisation. If you're unsure about which subscription to apply for please contact us.
Organisational members must agree to observe and abide by our:
- Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
- Ethical Guidelines for Researching Counselling and Psychotherapy (where research is undertaken by the organisation or any practitioner working for it)
- membership disclosure and declaration
You should also read our:
Anyone providing services for your organisation must also adhere to these terms and conditions.
If your application is successful, you may state that you're an organisational member of BACP in your promotional materials. You may not use any BACP logos unless you provide an accredited service or an accredited course. See Promoting your membership for further guidance.
BACP accreditation is the mark of a high quality, professional practitioner training course. It guarantees a standard of training accepted for BACP membership, registration and accreditation.
BACP accreditation demonstrates that a service provider offers an accountable, ethical, professional and responsive service to clients, staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
Approved qualifications scheme
Our approved qualifications scheme offers awarding organisations external verification that your qualification meets stringent training, practice and quality assurance criteria
Renewing your organisational membership
You can now renew your organisational membership online. Just log in to your account and pay your membership fees.
You'll need to use the unique email address that relates to your organisational account. Please ask the nominated contact for your organisation to contact us if you're unsure of the log in details.